Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lacey's mission

I am not going to write all about Laceys mission on my blog. You can go to Lacey's Blog to see that. I just wanted to say that the hardest thing about Lacey leaving is I will miss her. I love talking to her. She is helpful and funny. She is a joy to have around and it is a huge sacrifice to have her gone. But.....

She will be the most amazing missionary. She is so kind and thoughtful. She has struggled with learning disabilities all her life but I know all of her struggles have made her strong and brave. She knows how to overcome her fears to accomplish what she want's. She has more faith than anyone I know. She has a very close relationship with her Heavenly Father. Lacey is a special young woman and Heavenly Father has been preparing her for a long time to serve this mission.

I was really struggling with her leaving because I know she doesn't like to write and I worried about it being too hard and her being overwhelmed. The first night that she left, the day before she entered the MTC I had a dream. Lacey was working in a field in Washington. Pulling weeds or harvesting or something. After she had been working for a while she looked around and realized she was alone. Her companion and all of the other sisters and elders were way back at the beginning of the rows. She panicked and looked over and saw the foreman watching her. She said "am I doing something wrong?" in a truly frantic voice. He looked at her for a while longer and said nope your doing everything right.
Later her companion said "you must really like this kind of work" Lacey shook her head and said "No, I just wanted to get it over with so I did it as good and fast as I could. I wanted it to be done but I didn't want to have to go back and do it over."
 When I woke up I felt peace. I know that Lacey will be fine. She knows how to work hard and  it won't matter if it is mental of physical she has what it takes. I am not worried anymore at all.
When we got our first letter from her it was amazing. First of all it was long. (shock) Next I could see she wasn't having an easy time but her attitude was great and I can tell that they can see who she is inside and what she is capable of. These next 18 months are going to be really fun to watch.
I love my Lacey and I am glad to share her with the people of Washington. I hope she brings as much joy to their lives as she has always brought to mine. She will be missed but she is doing what is right and that makes it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment