Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas 2013

I love Christmas! Christmas always feels like the beginning to me so this is where I will start. We had a wonderful Christmas. I knew it would be.
 First my parents came to spend Christmas with us. I love it when they come because it is only fun. Never stressful. I love spending time with them.
Next I knew Christmas was going to be wonderful because Sage and Zach are here with their babies. Christmas is always more fun when there are little ones. I wish all of my children could be here but
 it was still pretty great.

 And one of the biggest reasons that I knew Christmas was going to be wonderful was because at church one Sunday early in the season our bishop got up and told us if we were committed to doing what is right he blessed our ward with a promise that we would have a wonderful happy holiday season. Well it worked. We had so many wonderful things happen.
 The best was Lacey got her mission call to go to Kennewick Washington. We had many wonderful temple visits and special experiences while we were preparing her to leave for 18 months.
 We had a new little one born in November. It has been so fun getting to know Olyvia. She is such an easy baby. A joy to have in our home.

 Christmas was simple but so so fun. We laughed and played games and just relaxed. Being together as a family made Christmas very special.

 Evelyn really loved opening and playing with her presents. Watching her get so excited and have so much fun playing was wonderful.

 (I made owl hats for everyone this year)


 Everything about this holiday was special. On Christmas eve Archie and Cindy smith came ad cooked steaks for us. We had Turkey and Steak. The most memorable meal ever. Good food and good company!!
 (Best Friends)
 (Evelyn is almost always happy)
 (Evelyn stayed up way too late last night)
 (lacey and mom doing nails)
 (Sage)
 (Dad)
 (Mom)
 (Marty)
 My dad painted a special oil painting for each of his Children and delivered them in person to each of us this year. Mine is of the stone bridge here in Nauvoo. I love it. We have a lot of great memories there.
(olyvia)
 Unfortunately Christmas can only last so long and Mom and Dad had other kids to visit so we put them on the train to Salt Lake City on Christmas day.


No comments:

Post a Comment